Thursday, August 27, 2015

We be cruisin' We be cruisin'

I'm going on vacation!

It's cruise time and I'm really excited. I'm going with my best friend and her family and I couldn't be happier. We are going to Ensenada, Mexico for a three day Carnival cruise. I'd be lying if I said I've never been on a cruise before but I have. This will be my third to be exact. I like cruises because they are easy. You get on the boat & you stay on the boat. Simple as can be.

I've never been that fond of traveling now that I think of it, and it wouldn't be for the reason you're thinking either. Planes in general don't bother me, car rides don't bother me, the idea of traveling seems wonderful. My problem is, I'm not comfortable traveling. I mean physically, it's not comfortable for me. I feel like I'm too big to travel, almost like I take up too much space. I know this may seem weird, but thats how I feel, especially on planes. Oh my goodness, I dread sitting next to someone on a plane and having to explain to them that I my hips may take up some of their seat or that I need the seatbelt extender! The first time I needed the seat belt extender was extremely embarassing, I didn't know how to tell the flight attendant that my belt wouldn't buckle. I was mortified. Now, since I've gained experience while flying I simply just ask for it. Some of the flight attendants look at me with that"oh, right dear" face while others seem stunned that I'm so upfront about it.

Sometimes it's easier being upfront about it, at least that's how its been for me.

I just can't wait until tomorrow, I have my bag packed and my passport ready! I've packed at least 4 days worth of workout clothes even though its only a 3 day cruise. Haha, you never know. I don't think my best friend will be up for working out on her vacation but that doesn't mean I can't plan a 45 min workout before she wakes up in the morning! I can't wait to jog around the boat and see the water all around me! It's going to be beautiful!

It's going to be so much fun, I can already tell!

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it when it comes to all that delicious food cruises are infamous for! All I have to think is "control and moderation", hopefully my mind will not fail me!

I got this!! Can't wait to share my adventures with you when I get back!! Bon Voyage!

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."- unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment