Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Unbuttoned, unzipped & uncomfortable.

Oh my gosh, let me just tell you about the day I've had.
They aren't kidding when they tell you "Some days are better than others", that's for sure.
For starters, I woke up late, my hair was a total mess, didn't bother with make-up, and I was sore. These things don't always make or break my day but man was it a rough start.

The main contributor to my lousy day: My Jeans.

Have you ever been in a situation when you've put on the pair of jeans that usually lives in the back of your closet? The "maybe the 'skinny' jeans fit today" thought runs through your optimistic mind and you slip them on well knowing you should probably wait for another five pounds before you totally rock the shit out of them. But you wear them anyway? Yep. Yes, that was me this morning.

Running late, tight pants and hungry. Never a good combination.
Lucky for me I didn't even get half way to work before those puppies were unbuttoned, unzipped, and my belly was free balling it. No shame, just in need of comfort.

Now, for some of you less fluffier women, this idea of wearing your pants unbuttoned and unzipped may come to you as a shock. You may think, "But, how do they stay up?". Oh, well the answer would be the junk in this mighty large trunk. When you have a caboose like mine, you don't need the pants to zip for them to stay on. It's an effort to get this derriere in the pants in the first place let alone fuss with the zipper and button! 

So, I spent the entire day unzipped and entirely uncomfortable.
My zipper was poking my protruding belly that was ever so elegantly bellowing out over the zipper meeting my thighs for tea and I was just letting it happen.
Haha, I exaggerate but that is exactly how it felt.

I just felt like a total blob today.

The only good part of the day was my food intake, which I'm super proud of!
I wanted to stuff my face with Oreo's but what stopped me was my present state. Personally I just could not justify eating anything out of my limits because of  what my jeans were doing to me. It was like they were suffocating me, it was awful and I don't ever want to feel that way again.

When you think of cheating on your meal plan, you have to think about why you put yourself on that plan in the first place.  Are you on it for health reasons? Are you on it for an upcoming event? What's the initial reason for changing your eating habits and is it worth compromising?
Food comes and goes, but its main purpose is to help us live. We have to change our ways of thinking from "we live to eat" to "we eat to live". It is literally the hardest transition I've ever made in my life but I'm doing it for my future which is my most prized possession. It's time to start a new life, its time to start living(in jeans that fit!)

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." -Socrates

https://instagram.com/bravewingssheflies/
http://healthyisthenewskinny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment